what if??

I can not decide
one foot in the christian door
the other hanging out in the world
i cant decide which one is right.

what if i die and there is no god ?
then what ?
will i stay asleep forever?

how am i to trust my life in his hands ?
what if the bible lies?
what if churchs preach lies ?
what if were all living a lie?

some one please tell me the truth
point me in the right way
i need direction
a guide for the trip down the narrow path

oh how am i to decide which door to walk through ?

SunShineSparkle said...

I say you create your own truth. belive in what makes you feel save and dnt let anyone with proof and preaching stop you from beliving your truth.

We create our own heavens.

Annirae said...
im a christian too and sometimes it's so so sososososososo hard to keep repenting and giving your life back up to him... i know i've had plenty of downfalls.  But can i just ask you one thing. wouldn't you rather believe and have it not be true, than have it be true and not believe?

kaates This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i can completely relate, seeing as how i'm in the exact same position at the moment. you have a lot of good thoughts about this, why not elaborate a little more?

raychell.faith said...
the poem is mediocre at best... but the idea behind it is definitely worth continuing to write about... this path of topic can lead you to a lot of unique and interesting pieces. <3. and as for your conflict, you can't ever "slip." i promise. follow your heart, ignore what anyone else tells you to believe, and you'll find yourself exactly where you should be.

lostnhim said...
This is a great poem. I know how you feel. Stay strong, God will always be there for you,He will never leave you, all you have to do is love Him and trust in Him. Your a great writer! Keep writing, and you will go far. (:

amazingkp. replied...
Apr. 14, 2010 at 8:51 am
I agree with you. I think this is a very good piece. Check out some of my stuff(and comment?) I think you would like it. Keep writing!

another_teenage_itiot said...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 8:55 am
I used to feel this way alot and sometimes i still do. IF YOU DONT FEEL  AT PEACE WITH YOURSELF WITH CHRISTIANITY TAN MAYBE ITS NOT FOR YOU. sometimes you need to look a little deeper than your peers want to find whats true and false.

jessica.cherish.conner said...
i can relate to this.. i feel like God should be there .. but then i question myself, like if santa clause and his talking elves dont exist..then how can a man control the whole worlds destiny?.. you asked all the right questions.

lovespromise said...
This is really good. If I may give you a little tip...Trust God! He will really be there for you when you need Him. He understands when we slip up...I have BIG time, but I know He still loves me. Keep Writing! :)

MadAsAHatter... replied...
I can totally agree, how are we supposed to know if what they are telling is isnt just some big elaborate lie, I'm confused sometimes, because as a christian, Im not really sure God is working in me, i feel like he abandoned me, who is right. I really like the way you put it...

DreamChild replied...
yes. total yes. trust him and he will never fail you. sure it's hard to let got but it's worth the risk. (walk through the door!)