what if?? | Teen Ink

what if??

By starshollow34 GOLD, Rock Hill, South Carolina
starshollow34 GOLD, Rock Hill, South Carolina

I can not decide
one foot in the christian door
the other hanging out in the world
i cant decide which one is right.

what if i die and there is no god ?
then what ?
will i stay asleep forever?

how am i to trust my life in his hands ?
what if the bible lies?
what if churchs preach lies ?
what if were all living a lie?

some one please tell me the truth
point me in the right way
i need direction
a guide for the trip down the narrow path

oh how am i to decide which door to walk through ?

I have trouble living in christian ways, i slip alot so i wrote this

SunShineSparkle BRONZE, Orange, California

System of A Down - MIND"you need the ones you love and love the ones that you need", HYPNOTIZE"Mesmerize the simple minded Propaganda leaves us blinded", SAD STATUE"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering"

I say you create your own truth. belive in what makes you feel save and dnt let anyone with proof and preaching stop you from beliving your truth.

We create our own heavens.

Annirae BRONZE said...
Annirae BRONZE, Shoreline, Washington

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

im a christian too and sometimes it's so so sososososososo hard to keep repenting and giving your life back up to him... i know i've had plenty of downfalls.  But can i just ask you one thing. wouldn't you rather believe and have it not be true, than have it be true and not believe?

on Apr. 14 2010 at 8:51 am
amazingkp. BRONZE, Lemars, Iowa
I agree with you. I think this is a very good piece. Check out some of my stuff(and comment?) I think you would like it. Keep writing!

kaates GOLD said...
kaates GOLD, Los Angeles, California

"It's pathetic how we can't live with the things we can't understand. How we need everything labeled and explained and deconstructed."

“Give me rampant intellectualism as a coping mechanism.”

“I just don't want to die without a few scars.”

i can completely relate, seeing as how i'm in the exact same position at the moment. you have a lot of good thoughts about this, why not elaborate a little more?

raychell.faith GOLD, Somewhere You Left Your Heart, California

"You Risk Tears If You Let Yourself Be Tamed;" The Little Prince

the poem is mediocre at best... but the idea behind it is definitely worth continuing to write about... this path of topic can lead you to a lot of unique and interesting pieces. <3. and as for your conflict, you can't ever "slip." i promise. follow your heart, ignore what anyone else tells you to believe, and you'll find yourself exactly where you should be.

AMCLRIDCA PLATINUM, CDA, Idaho

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away.

This is a great poem. I know how you feel. Stay strong, God will always be there for you,He will never leave you, all you have to do is love Him and trust in Him. Your a great writer! Keep writing, and you will go far. (:

on Apr. 12 2010 at 8:55 am
another_teenage_itiot PLATINUM, Huston, Arkansas

Why are we so angry
why are we so sad
we dont need to stare back
at everything we had

I used to feel this way alot and sometimes i still do. IF YOU DONT FEEL  AT PEACE WITH YOURSELF WITH CHRISTIANITY TAN MAYBE ITS NOT FOR YOU. sometimes you need to look a little deeper than your peers want to find whats true and false.

jessica.cherish.conner GOLD, Elk Grove, California
i can relate to this.. i feel like God should be there .. but then i question myself, like if santa clause and his talking elves dont exist..then how can a man control the whole worlds destiny?.. you asked all the right questions.

DreamChild said...
yes. total yes. trust him and he will never fail you. sure it's hard to let got but it's worth the risk. (walk through the door!)

RedvinesWTHCantTheyDo GOLD, Zephyrhills, Florida

"You make one more comment like that I will wrap you in a tortilla shell and eat you as a snack, maybe with some nice pico de gillo."~ Lauren Lopez in Starship
"If you don't die for something, I'll kill you for nothing."~ Lauren Lopez in Starship

I can totally agree, how are we supposed to know if what they are telling is isnt just some big elaborate lie, I'm confused sometimes, because as a christian, Im not really sure God is working in me, i feel like he abandoned me, who is right. I really like the way you put it...

JohnDeereGirl DIAMOND, Westerlo, New York

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not"
"Somewhere betweeen us talking, you saying I deserve better, and you making me laugh when I wanted to cry, I fell in love with you."

This is really good. If I may give you a little tip...Trust God! He will really be there for you when you need Him. He understands when we slip up...I have BIG time, but I know He still loves me. Keep Writing! :)