Another Day

The sun’s golden rays creep over the horizon,
Breathing life into the world.
Flowers turn their brilliant heads to bask in her glory as
Birds sing their lively tune through the rustling trees,
Waking the baby deer, who, with a presumptuous air, nudges her mother awake, and skips
Through the meadow, bucking and kicking, ecstatic to be alive.
An elderly man, a sheen on his silvery hair, sees from his window,
And smiles, delighting in this creature that finds such pleasures in life.
It gives him strength to live another day.
His wife sees his jovial spirits and is content:
Instead of asking her son to fix her computer, or help with this and that,
They all play a game of cards.
The nurse who treats the old man at the dialysis center sees the way he and his wife act as one body, sees the unpenetratable love they share, and that night,
He goes home and asks his girlfriend to marry him,
Who in turn, calls her child hood best friend, whom she has not spoken to in ten years, to tell her, and talks to her for three hours.
The friend, who is suffering from depression after her mother’s recent passing,
Realizes that she has a friend in the world, and starts to take better care of herself.
She fills a watering can and walks outside, watering her flowers and filling the long-neglected bird-feeder.
The sun’s golden rays sink slowly beneath the horizon,
Closing the day.
Flowers close their colored petals as
Birds fall silent.
The baby deer curls up next to his mother, laying his head on the moist ground.
Another day passes.

windswiftThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 1:53 pm:
Put simply, brilliant, the way you portray how life goes on a day to day basis, but most of us would never see it that way.  You explain how things ripple and affect and effect others around us, and how that in turn can cause something else to ripple.  Love it, love the idea, the piece as a whole.  Keep up the work.  

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
omgg i luv this! it has amazing word flow. ur a very talented writer, keep it up!!. of course, 5/5 ;P