Summertime | Teen Ink

Summertime

By aka.smilie SILVER, Topeka, Kansas
aka.smilie SILVER, Topeka, Kansas

"I think of life as a book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense." - Harold Kushner

Summertime, to what do I owe thee? A stick, a branch, or tree? The sky in all its glory? Maybe the sea, we tread upon, or the land beneath my feet? Fall, winter, or spring? The Sun? A thousand times more radiant then anything I can give to thee! Summertime, to what do I owe thee?

People should realizes how important I world is, and try to make it better. Many movies portray the end of our world as the new ice age, years upon years of cold, wintry weather. I live in Kansas and many people complain about winter and can’t wait for spring and summer. Say we do survive the destruction, then what? Protect the environment now, and there’s only 4-5 months of cold weather (2-3 wintry freezing air).

Trees take years to grow; the sea, ocean, and land are scared to the animals. And without the four seasons, our plants wouldn’t grow when they are normally able to. The only thing we are not able to pollute is the sun, a thousand times more radiant then anything on earth. I want people to wake up and take action.