James | Teen Ink

James

By keito.mogami BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
keito.mogami BRONZE, Mississauga, Other

I'll be nicer, when you are smarter.

Sitting alone in my room. Feelings of loneliness sweep over me. Heart wrenches in pain. Eyes begin to water. I hold it all back. Eyes close, trying to forget. Some memories cannot be forgotten. Images flash in my mind. Heart wrenches again. Eyes water. Again, I hold it back. Regret. Anger. Sadness. Some would be surprised that an Ice Queen can feel this way. I ask myself, “why can’t I fall in love?” Maybe, it’s because I gave my heart away a long time ago. He hasn’t given it back. That selfish prick! A bitter smile graces my faces. It was my decision. I ended up breaking both of our hearts. The only difference is he’s moving on. I have no ill-feelings towards him and the new girl. It is just, he made me happy. Made me feel like I belonged. That I wasn’t floating around in some gray area. Why did I listen to my friends? Why couldn’t they have let me be happy? Why is money such a factor? Why am I so easily influenced, when I claim to be strong? Sappy love songs play in the background. Heart wrenches. Tears fall. I cannot stop them. Why can’t I fall in love? How is it that others fall in love with me so easily, but I am unable to do the same? How many hearts have I broken? How many will I continue to break in order to find my happiness? I lay in bed. Thoughts race in my mind. Another day has come and gone. Another guy has come and gone. Waiting. Just waiting. It is the only thing I can do.

on Mar. 12 2010 at 4:41 pm
peace.frog.271 BRONZE, Pinehurst, North Carolina

"Let us remember as we chase our dreams into the stars that our first responsibility is to our Earth, to our children, to ourselves." -George W. Bush

This means to me that before we let ourselves fade, we must take care of ourselves and others.

Sigh. I fell in love with a guy named james and because of the emotion this article creates for me, tears are welling into my eyes...

Milo! said...
on Mar. 11 2010 at 4:35 pm
I really love this. I really like how everyone can relate to this. I hope you keep writing, because this is great. You should check out some of my stuff. I think you would like it.