Midnight Lover

Tell me again
How you dont want to be with me
Tell me again
So you can actually see
How honey
I lay in your arms everything
Whisper "I Love You"
While your arms are wrapped around me tight

But when the sun breaks over the horizon
Don't let the light shine in
I'll be climbing out your window
Running barefoot down the street

Midnight Lover
The star whose light has faded
The angel with a broken wing
The warrior whose heart has been jaded
The bird whose song cannot be sung
Hide me in the shadows
Hide me from the world
With the moonlight we kiss, dance, love, and romance

When the sun breaks over the horizon
Don't let the light shine in
I'll be climbing out your window
Running barefoot down the street

Lock me up
Hide me in the darkness
And just throw away the key
Midnight Lover...
Is all I'm ever going to be

MyFairyTaleEnding said...
Oh...my...gosh. ARE YOU AWARE ON HOW AMAZING THIS IS?! You can't be a teen with this talent!!! No...WOW! You have just become one of my fave writers on TeenInk. Seriously. :)

A_Dreamer replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:34 am
Good job! :)
I like this, and the post above me is right, how can you be a teen writing this?!
Amazing.

xodistantdreamerxo replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:53 am
GOSH! I can honestly say I've never been this flattered in my life. You have no idea how much that means to me! As long as I touched just one person with my writing my job is done and I'm just happy that I've accomplished it..apparently so well too! Thank you so much! Like, I can honestly say just those simple comments completely boosted my mood. Thanks a million! (:

MyFairyTaleEnding replied...
No problem! :) I'm so glad you acheived your goal! I hope one day I can be as good as you. I'm still working on it! You inspired me to think deeper andtwist my thoughts so they can kind of relate to different ideas and such. (get what i mean?) You are SUCH a great writer...my jaw seriously dropped...haha CONGRATS. :D

xodistantdreamerxo replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 7:34 am
I definitely understand what you mean. Another thing too, don't just be restricted to poetry or your chosen genre. Always try something new just to try it and get that experience under your belt. Thank you again SOOOO much! That means so much to its crazy. Thank you! :D Oh, and if you ever need feedback or anything feel free to contact me. (:

MyFairyTaleEnding replied...
You can give me feedback when EVER you want! I'd really love it. I do experiment with different genres of writing. I usally write stories but I tried writing poetry and apparently it's good so far...
I am soooo happy for you! Haha, I just got a blast of confidence from this one comment left on my work. XD But, PLEASE get you're work published! :D

xodistantdreamerxo replied...
I was published once but I really want to get my name out there and New York Times best-sellers list will be amazing. I'll start reading some of your work like right now! Thanks again for everything! (:

MyFairyTaleEnding replied...
Aww LUCKY! I totally want that too. And you are soooo very welcome!:) KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK!

xodistantdreamerxo replied...
Aw thank you so much! Like I've said a million times it means soooo much to me! (: