Hollow | Teen Ink

Hollow

By Larkizzle SILVER, Maple Ridge, Other
Larkizzle SILVER, Maple Ridge, Other

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

"I am Harvy Milk, and I am here to recruit you!" - Harvy Milk

Slowly I am becoming isolated. Without knowing, I am drifting apart from reality, separating myself from everything, and disappearing into a dark state of mind.

Subconsciously, I am slipping into the darkness, and forgetting everything I once had. I am turning back to my previous self; the one I hate, the one I despise.

Impossibilities concoct in my twisted brain, they're not so impossible after all. I sink back to the level I was at before, and I am once again vulnerable. I am wounded, and lost. Don't let anyone in, I think to myself, don't let them see your scars.

How can I believe it'll be okay, when it obviously won't? The torture I endure, set by my own brain, is tearing me apart. My sanity is being torn to shreds, right in front of my eyes, along with my emotions.

I am now forced to wear a mask. The holes I glare through are inviting, enchanting, but behind the mask, there is nothing left. It is empty. This body I bear has grown hollow, and I am once again consumed by the darkness. It imprisons me, until someone breaks the lock open and sets me free.

Depression.

on Apr. 22 2010 at 2:26 pm
lifeisajourney GOLD, Coronado, California

"Life is a journey not a destination..."
"Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see life in a clearer view again."
"Only those who will go too far, can possibly find out how far one can go"

This is so true its just like depression feels

INnaturegirl said...
on Mar. 12 2010 at 7:28 am
love love love this

~hits home hard~

great job