Hollow

Slowly I am becoming isolated. Without knowing, I am drifting apart from reality, separating myself from everything, and disappearing into a dark state of mind.

Subconsciously, I am slipping into the darkness, and forgetting everything I once had. I am turning back to my previous self; the one I hate, the one I despise.

Impossibilities concoct in my twisted brain, they're not so impossible after all. I sink back to the level I was at before, and I am once again vulnerable. I am wounded, and lost. Don't let anyone in, I think to myself, don't let them see your scars.

How can I believe it'll be okay, when it obviously won't? The torture I endure, set by my own brain, is tearing me apart. My sanity is being torn to shreds, right in front of my eyes, along with my emotions.

I am now forced to wear a mask. The holes I glare through are inviting, enchanting, but behind the mask, there is nothing left. It is empty. This body I bear has grown hollow, and I am once again consumed by the darkness. It imprisons me, until someone breaks the lock open and sets me free.

INnaturegirl said...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 7:28 am
love love love this
~hits home hard~
great job

lifeisajourney This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
This is so true its just like depression feels