She Exists...

And so she lives in fear
Always has - still does - forever will
Or so she fears
(How ironic)

She doesn't fly
Afraid to fall
And break her fragile body
Upon impact of the
Cold, unfeeling ground below.

She refuses to try
Frightened to fail
Increasing the amount of her worthlessness

Simply won't love
Scared her heart will be broken
Such a selfish sacrifice

Afraid to die
Scared to live
Caught in the frightening middle...

No such thing as gain
When you cannot stand loss

No celebration of joy
When you ignore grief and mourning

Everything is nothing
When you live in fear...

Squishy-Squish said...
How amazing. It's real good. I love the flow of it. And its so true.

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I agree! I'm glad you wrote about what you kenw, way to go! Keep writing and check out my stuff 2! :-)

Jess95 said...
Wow...this is really good...and i can relate to it...this sounds kind of cheese but i am feeling the same way, scared of every thing... not scared of the jump but more of the "what if I fall." you know? And its all because i have fallen, and now im scared of every thing cus I know how it feels and i never want to feel that way again. But I guess if i try to hard to never get hert, I'll miss all the things that make me feel good in life. Like falling in love for example.

littlemsawkward This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I actually wrote this about my friend's grandmother. She legitimately keeps repeating aloud to herself "I'm so afraid" as she walks through the house. Like with each steps she fears the floor beneath her feet will disappear. She has been sick for a while - sometimes she prays for death, other days she prays to live forever she is so petrified of it. So I wrote this about her.