The Love Curiosity | Teen Ink

The Love Curiosity

By sharnitra09 BRONZE, Dumfries, Virginia
sharnitra09 BRONZE, Dumfries, Virginia

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life...let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

There’s so much pain in her eyes, She’s been told so many lies, but youll never know because she has to be strong, youll wonder why she gave the next one a chance, because from her past she gave all she could give and shes tired of this lonely road she travels after she’s built up with false love and left to fall alone, she’s scared so scared because she know’s theres something out there better, or is there? Terrified of her fleeting pain becoming a lifelong ache she builds up the wall of hate and resentment towards the breed that is suppose to love her, after being used and abused she says forget em forget em all, then she relapses and she’s back again giving all these new chances because she know’s theres something out there better, or is there? She wonders if what she is asking for is too much, just someone to love and never leave, build her up so high she falls so deep in love and not inlove alone but with her perfect companion, she has never met him and her optimism wont let her believe hes not out there but she questions if she should take the chance with all the others to find that perfect one because with all the fleeting pain that turns into a lifelong ache, when he comes along she may just let him pass her by but the optimism in her knows that he will break down these walls of hate and resentment that the boys put in her heart and this man will show her a love she has never felt before… real true love and when she feels it she wont believe it even though her eyes see it because of what she knows and what she is used to, so theres a wall she has up from now on that only that one person will be able to break and in the meantime she thinks…I know there’s something out here better, or is there?

I wrote this after a bad break-up

jazmo91 said...
on Mar. 7 2010 at 9:30 pm
your poem was amazing