My Best friends | Teen Ink

My Best friends

Momma told me that she loved me,
Daddy is in jail.
Momma doesn't like him,
But daddy says "Oh well."
Momma thinks i'm growing up,
daddy says i'm not.
Momma says i'm a lady
Daddy worries a lot.
I tell my mother that she is right
and i tell my father that he is wrong.
My mother tells me that she knows.
Father finally admits that he just isn't that strong.
He can't let go of his baby girl and he's afraid that he might lose her so. He's afraid that he'll lose her to a boy and off she soon will go. I tell him that i'm sorry, but childhood is in my past. My daddy just looks and with a frown he says "my baby's growing up too fast."

Well, My father was in prison for all of my childhood, and he missed out on a lot of things. When he got out he would tell me that i'm still a child and all of this. Finally he realized that i AM in fact becoming a young lady and he told me sorry. He's in prison now again, But this is a memory that i'll never forget.

Jess95 GOLD said...
Jess95 GOLD, Morgan Hill, California

If I were you I'd promise to live life for all it's worth, take all you've been given and leave your mark upon this Earth. Trust your heart to show you everything you need...and if you were you, I'd fall in love with me. -unknown

fear not, for I am with you;

be not dismayed, for I am your God;

I will strengthen you, I will help you,

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
(Isaiah 41:10 ESV)

You can tell your dad loves you, he didn't want to miss you childhood so he was trying to make up for it by still treating you as a child...lol...I wish i could say i understood...my father was in jail and never really cared...he's out now and he still dont...all welll...his loss, right.