A response to a letter | Teen Ink

A response to a letter

February 12, 2010
By Anonymous

Dear Emma,


She's a human being with thoughts and emotions, she feels love and anger, joy and sorrow, and she feels them all and does not look back saddened by her choices for she knows that her conscience is clear.

She thinks for herself, makes decisions and choices that may affect other people. She believes in the good of all people, and of second chances, for she has received some herself.

She is empathetic, I know that she feels my pain and that she may cry for me, thou I do not deserve it. She cares for all people, blind to race, color or doctrine.

She keeps her head high, knowing she is alive, proud that she is free and happy that she can help, but sad she cannot help all.

But above all she loves, She loves those who think they can't be love, she loves those who think that love is a myth, and she loves those that choose to neglect her, secretly knowing there true intention even if they do not know themselves. And...

...And I love her not because of my first impression, or her brand of clothes, or how long it takes her to get ready in the morning. I love her because I have seen the true person that she is and it is beautiful.