Friends | Teen Ink

Friends

January 24, 2010
By kar13 PLATINUM, Mahwah, New Jersey
kar13 PLATINUM, Mahwah, New Jersey
23 articles 3 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."
"Our finger prints don't fade from the lives we've touched"


You know what’s funny? The concept of best friends. No, the concept of friends in general. I have concluded that with girls, having friends of the same sex is an Sisyphean task. We are genetically programmed to be, well, straight out bitchy to each other. It is impossible for us to genuinely complement each other or truly be happy for one another. Not only that, but for some strange, out of this world reason it is impossible for a group of friends to invite everyone over. I feel that they have a rotation schedule for who they’re going to nix at the next get together so they can gossip and form other bonds. Some girls are just such immature snobby losers that they feel the need to totally ridicule and humiliate their friends just because they get the attention and she feels ugly. NOT MY PROBLEM AND NOT MY FAULT. All I know is that is impossible for girls to actually have real friends. Bad Reality, but it’s the truth. I guess we all have to move on, put on our best fake smiles, be prepared with our daily facades, and continue to hug our “friends” while we truly want to stab them in the back.