To Him This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You are just a footnote
In my autobiography
A saccharin “It’s been so long”
At our future reunion
Last summer I longed for you
But that was so long ago
We were just two awkward youths
With two awkward hearts
Playing each other like poker cards.
You have a full house?
I have a flush.
Watch me flush you away
Down the drain that leads to a world
Outside of my own.
You’ll be happy there.
You were just a sheep
In my restless, childhood dreams.
A “could have been”
That never was.
And never will be.
I still feel our artificial passion
Thickening the air between us like a toxin.

OriginalCarbonation said...

exactly!

and to the author, i really really really related to this poem, and i really like the word choice and format and tone and everything! keep writing!! and maybe check out one of my peices? thanks :)

dazedandconfused said...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 11:34 am
This is just awesome, and personally relateable. You were really able to catch the feeling, and still succeeded in telling a story. Kinda reminds me of my own writing! Keep up the good work, P&L

Deviant said...
Feb. 20, 2009 at 1:19 am
This is really good because at some point in every girls life, they have this feeling, they have had this guy, and they have been through the denial in the pain. You really have talent!

ambie58 said...
I loved the poem...I did a couple poems back when i was having hard times..mentally! "every day after" and God's Rainbow" Don't ever doubt urself, let ur words flow.....keep up the artistic side of urself..and email me sometime..always ambie

hugsnkisses said...
Jan. 17, 2009 at 2:54 am
omigod. i love this! keep up the great work

SillyIndigoSea said...
so relateable. you poem tells a story, vents pain, and heals all at the same time. you express every person's feelings on young relationships

mvpla15 said...
and he kissed me not knowing that i was going out with someone. i didnt tell him eather that i was but that was the last time i saw him cause he just drop dead stoppd talking to me again.

mvpla15 said...
i can relate to ur poem. i had just meet some guy a friend of a friend u no the story. we where pretty tight hanging out more then i would with my boy friend at the time. talking to him on the phone for like 10-15 hours straight. he was always telling me about his life and i'd jst sit there lisening. he always made me laugh. until i told him bout my life and my problems that i was deling with. then our relationship started to get rocky.we didnt talk as much and we didnt hang out as much. i think... (more »)