Pimples This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Blistery crimson garden
Clustered on the surface
Maintained with care
By the gardeners of the Department of Teen Hormones
The Dead Skin Cell Corporation
And the Sweat and Sebum Conglomerate
Blooming freely
Cowering in trepidation
Of the perilous Benzoyl Peroxide Marauders
That would annihilate them
Shrivel them into dying buds
Infinitesimal specks of scarlet
Or untamed, excruciating scars
Etched endlessly across the Fields of Your Face
Ugh.
Mom, where's the Foundation?

mimirocks124 said...

kinda hysterical lol. the description is equally funny.

can u check out my stuff?

_Elsy_ said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 8:22 pm:

weird, hilarious, and gives you a picture no one wants to see on their face. i loved it 5/5.

btw-can you check out some of my stuff?

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:45 pm :
"Discarded" was amazing. Very inspiring and so truthfully told. Thanks for the comment! And your drawings are awesome!!!

JeanGrey said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 8:23 pm:
Hahahahah I love it. It is pretty hilarious, and very well written. Unique topic too :)

Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:40 pm :

Thanks for commenting!!

Yeah, you think that on something called TeenInk you'd see atleast like a couple of writings about acne and all that....:) Thanks again!!

LinaLina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2010 at 11:41 am:

I would love to be able to say that I loved this. I would love to be able to laugh about this, praise your imagery and note that your grammer was correct. I would love to be able to say that our style is similar, I don't believe in foundation and that the Department of Teen Hormones made me giggle.

But I can't, because you've touched a sore spot (RUN! GET ME THE FACIAL WASH!!!).

Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:38 pm :

Haha thanks!!!

Facial cleanser is an acne victim's BFF!! Here...*throws the cleanser to Lina* :)

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2010 at 1:04 am:
love the language Konya! only, i don't like acne and your poem makes me frown because it describes it soo well. GOOD JOB!

Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:22 pm :

Thanks Fayrouz, I'm glad to know it made you feel sick. (jk-but that was kinda the purpose, so yay! Thanks! :) )

I read your poem about the larkspar....really really good. Like the language just drew you to it...well done!! :D

Sylvie said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm:
Hi Konya! I like your poem, it's cute how you captured the feeling of "growing up" and "changes" as a teen by using icky pimples. xD Also,  I love how you used a vocab word, "annihilate." =) 

Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:00 pm :
Ha! Thanks. I hate pimples. Thanks for remunerating me, I really feel rejuvinated right now. :)

Sylvie replied...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 1:26 pm :
Haha, Mrs. P would be so proud of you. ;DD 2 vocab words!