I'm Watching MAG

By Mary Anderson, Rockwall, TX

Almost daily
The little feet
Would patter their way
Through the snow

Almost daily
I could hear
The screeches of pain
And laughter commencing

Almost daily
I knew
That I would see her
Come up the steps
Bid me adieu

Almost daily
Those little feet
Would scamper away
And leave me
Alone

Almost daily
I would smile
Hug her tenderly
And watch
As she ran

Almost daily
I said good-bye
And cried as I watched
Her little feet
Grow smaller

Almost daily
I knew
I’d never see her again

on Mar. 22 2016 at 2:26 pm
genessa.carney SILVER, La Crescent, Minnesota

"Your boat may get jostled, it may even drown; but if you believe, you'll sail forever." g.c.

This is a lot like what I write, great minds think alike ;)

on Mar. 3 2013 at 2:28 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

This is so so heartfelt, but who is "she" ...that would make the understanding process much easier..Thank You! Loved the poem though.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!