What is love?

What is love?
Its that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you know that you're going to see him today.
Its the restless pacing, waiting for him to call.
Its the goodnight that takes your breath away.
Its the inescapable pain that you feel when you haven't talked to him in two days.
Its the dream that is SO real, you go back to sleep- just to see how it ends.
Its writing your name with his last name, just to see if it fits.
Its trusting him, even if your best friend tells you not to.
Its saying "I Love You" first, just because you can't hold it in.
Its falling asleep to the words of your song.
Its believing, with all of your heart, that you will spend the rest of your life in his arms.
Its giving and taking, even when it hurts.
Its taking the little time that you have together and making it COUNT.
Its the blushing cheeks and the giddy laughter you get when you look at your phone, and the message is from him.
Its believing that no matter what happens, you will never give up on him.
Its letting the tears fall down your cheeks, believing that it will get better.
Its seeing the good in him, and recognizing that his faults are what make him human.
Its not expecting him to be prince charming, and forgiving him when he's not.
Its when who you had always hoped to become is who you are with him.
But sometimes,
its hanging on when the only thing left to do is to let go.
its letting every little thing remind you of what you two had been.
its making the good times count for more than the bad.
its taking long drives with the music blasting, just to clear your head.
its avoiding romance movies at all costs- because they remind you of your not so happily ever after.
its telling yourself that they didnt actually want to break up with you, even though they did.
its smiling and laughing even when its killing you inside.
its taking everything they ever gave to you and ripping it to shreds, and then regretting it.

its saying goodbye, even if you arent ready to let go.

ZiRaww! said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 9:14 am:
What if it's hard to say goodbye?

swimstar28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:42 pm :
it always is. But when you let go, you will be able to learn the lesson you were supposed to learn from it and apply it to a new love :)

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:45 pm :
The thing is I try but i never suceed

Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:46 pm :
I didnt either, for a LONG time. Believe me, its not easy to take back your heart from somebody that you loved, but if you focus on yourself and being a better version of you, the rest will come!

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:50 pm :
I have been. It will be a year on March 17

Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm :
And you WILL get there, i promise! Every day, it will get easier. You will learn to channel a power from within yourself to rise up take a stand against his hold on your heart. You are worth more than him.

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:55 pm :
The thing is he tells me he still has feelings for me, but he goes to a different school. He is moving to my school next year.. And I know I will fall apart

Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:56 pm :
NO! You wont! Even if you want to, even if your heart is melting, you will be strong and you will withstand the temptation and find someone who doesn't put you on such a roller coaster ride.

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:58 pm :
I need to get slapped for that to happen

Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:00 pm :
No you dont! I promise, Ive been there and you are at a fork in the road: you can choose to be miserable, or you can choose to be GREAT! I dont know much, but I'm pretty sure that you want to be GREAT right?

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:05 pm :
Yes I don't want to cry myself to sleep anymore

Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:07 pm :
And you dont deserve to cry yourself to sleep anymore! Im sure that you have a heart of gold, and you need to keep it safe so that you can give it to someone special, which means that you CAN take it back, and keep it close and away from him :)

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 9:01 am :
True. Thank you! you made me feel better

Feb. 25, 2010 at 1:54 pm :
Im glad I could help :)

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 9:02 am :
^^ Thanks. ^^

Feb. 27, 2010 at 9:14 pm :
You should read my new article "We are Greatness." I think you would like it :)

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 4:48 pm :
this is awesome! ZiRawww has been having boy problem czuz she commented on my work too. lol... i cried myself to leep also alot. i c him everyday nd he forgot everything that we went thru. i feel like im gonna crack nd let loose by slapping him in the hallway. but i do love him.nd love is lttng go even when im not ready. i dont think ill ever b ready 2 let go..got adivice? if u wanna noe everything that happened w. me nd wilson replay nd tell me u wana noee
-GABBY

Feb. 28, 2010 at 7:35 pm :
Aww hunny! I would love to give you advice! And I would love to hear what happened if you would like to tell me :) This past weekend, I also got my heart shattered by someone so we can swap stories and I can definately give you advice :)

ZiRaww! replied...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 1:29 pm :
It's funny bump into people like this

Mar. 3, 2010 at 4:13 pm :
Yeah it is! Haha

ZiRaww! replied...
May 14, 2010 at 9:42 pm :
I got over him!