To Hold You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

To hold you
In pieces, slipping
from my hands
As I clamber about,
catching you as you fall.
Is my promise
to spread out a parachute
and wide arms
Gathering you in
flailing limbs
sewing you together again.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:37 am
I love this poem. It's a beautiful promise filled with sweet words~

bpjrobert said...
Excellent.

M_IML This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love the way you're not scared to use unusual rythms and simple vocabulary in your poetry - it works so much better with your style than fussier writing would. All of the poems I've read by you so far are impressive and special - they really stand out from most things I read in Teen Ink.

Birdsinger replied...
Mar. 14 at 7:19 pm
I agree with you M_IML, this poem is lovely and the simplicity makes it that much more beautiful. sammyso3, I have very much enjoyed all of your work. (:

luv_4_broadway This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:44 am
you are an amazing poet... beautiful work. I love the "in pieces" and "sewing you back together"

DanceAwayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! amazing job.