Someday

I painted a picture with my tears.
It was a picture of dark clouds, rain, and thunder.
It was a picture of an ocean that had been created by the tears, sorrows, and pains of humanity.
It was a picture of my own river of life’s little torments.
My river contributed to the mighty sea, as its beaches were continually being swallowed by new troubles added to the ocean of tears.
But soon my river, which has flooded over, will turn into an insignificant stream.
But for now, I wallow in my torturous condition hoping that someday my river can turn into a stream.
Someday, someday, someday…

RedFeather said...
Great poem. It's kinds dark, but hopeful at the same time. Btw, could you cheack out some of my other poems, or at least MoonBeams and tell me what you think? Someone's opinion on those would be much appriciated.

brax34 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:31 am
Thanks again for reading my stuff and commenting!  It's really nice to look at My Work and see the numbers of people who have read, commented, and rated my work.  Thank You!

roxymutt said...
this is quite good!!! i cant write poetry much haha im more fiction but for some reason i decided to read some randoms on the poetry side and im glad i stumbled upon yours! it flows nicely and the details paint a picture! :)

May 30, 2010 at 10:41 am
thanks for reading my stuff, i've submitted more poems, but they haven't been accepted yet, they should be out in a couple of days (i hope)

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Again, great metaphor!  I really like your work, and can relate to your poems.