Across My Universe

“Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes, they call me on and on across the universe”

Across the universe I move and take with me a broken dream, I open up my eyes and I see the light beckoning me.

To a place where people live happy and free from all troubles; this is where I wish to be, across the universe.

Across the universe there lies a place where happiness, it rains, and troubles leave on every train; this is where I dream about.

In my dreams I see me happy, smiling big at everything; happiness, I long for you across the universe.

Across the universe I dream, and dream, and dream, and dream again. But all I ever do is dream, about my universe.

“Nothing’s gonna change my world” though, so I dream and dream again, I run away from my reality. I run across the universe.

Across the universe I run escaping from those that haunt me, I run and run and run away, but they gain and pull me slowly.

Slowly they pull me back to my awful, sad, reality. I fight them off, and fight my way across the universe.
Across the universe I fight, but they fight stronger and pull me back. I am restrained, I am hopeless, my universe is gone

(Acknowledgement: Lennon and McCartney)

catty98e said...
This is a wonderful poem... I can REALLY relate to it. Gorgeous