Why is it called Midnight, if it's the start of the morning?

I can't even imagine what sleep feels like.
Right now
it's becoming easier
and easier
to ignore the double vision
the two images
so similar and so different
one fake and one real
people will try to tell you
the real image is the one you can touch,
but I beg to differ.
Not that I have anyone to argue with.
Everyone is asleep
and I'm still sitting here.
Exhausted and about to fall asleep
typing my heart onto the page
until something good bleeds out.

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 7, 2010 at 10:48 pm:
Why? I dont know-i think they mean mid-dark. you're the best. i love your work.

JandeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 3:02 pm :
Ah. Lol. Is it weird that I like being called "Captain"? xD I kind of get what you were saying now... I think. I shall... "marinade".

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 2:44 am :
no, not weird. i prefer the name booscracker. and by cracker i mean like cheese and crackers, my sisters name is cheesecracker. because she smells like,...well, you know.....

Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:01 pm :
That certainly is... interesting.

Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:11 pm :
it's funny cause she ate cheese and crackers and she ate peanut butter after that and you can't eat peanut butter and not smell like peanut butter. but thats what happened.

Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:48 pm :
Odd...                     

Aug. 28, 2010 at 9:42 pm :
you really should've seen me coming.