Why is it called Midnight, if it's the start of the morning?

I can't even imagine what sleep feels like.
Right now
it's becoming easier
and easier
to ignore the double vision
the two images
so similar and so different
one fake and one real
people will try to tell you
the real image is the one you can touch,
but I beg to differ.
Not that I have anyone to argue with.
Everyone is asleep
and I'm still sitting here.
Exhausted and about to fall asleep
typing my heart onto the page
until something good bleeds out.

respecturself7 said...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 2:21 pm:
whoops! sry I posted pretty much the same thing twice! first one wasntwasn't showing up.

JandeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 3:03 pm :
lol. That's okay.

respecturself7 said...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 2:17 pm:
You sound like me.I <3 being an insomniac! Not! But writing def helps drain me enough to sleep:)

respecturself7 said...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 2:13 pm:
You sound how I feel most nights. It sucks being an insomniac! But writing does help drain my thoughts enough to rest.....sometimes! lol

Jun. 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm :
Yeah. I'm actually pretty good with falling asleep... normally, but sometimes my mind is just running and running and running that I just can't fall asleep until I'm just too exhausted to keep going.

lifefakeswriting1234 said...
Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:25 pm:

i told you i'd peek around your work(:

and this is simply amazing.

Jun. 10, 2010 at 2:19 pm :
Thank you so very much for both looking and commenting on my work.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:50 pm:
I love it, very insightful.  :)

Jun. 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm :
Thank you!

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 6:46 pm :
ur welcome :)

SwordGirl said...
May 31, 2010 at 11:13 am:
Wonderful. I can tell that you just really want to be asleep - I feel that same way around midnight.

Jun. 10, 2010 at 2:54 pm :
Yeah. I just couldn't seem to fall asleep. I had all these thoughts going on, most about my friend, and I just couldn't sleep. After I wrote this I was able to fall asleep thankfully.

dianaforfree said...
May 9, 2010 at 2:48 pm:
So so so true. I love.

Jun. 10, 2010 at 2:56 pm :
I'm glad you love it. <3

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 7, 2010 at 10:48 pm:
Why? I dont know-i think they mean mid-dark. you're the best. i love your work.

flyweel replied...
May 9, 2010 at 1:25 pm :
*chills* great job!

Jun. 10, 2010 at 2:57 pm :
Lol. I love how you actually answered the question in the title. <3 I'm glad you like my work. It's much appreciated.

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 4:51 pm :
I love how you actually respond to comments and show appreciation, unlike "you know who" and "wink,wink". thank you captain.

Jun. 11, 2010 at 2:32 pm :

I'm not one hundred percent sure what you said, but as a response to what I can understand: Thank you! I like to reply to other people's comments because I enjoy the same thing with the comments I make.

P.S. Who is Captain? All I can think of is Star Trek. I'm a Trekie. :3

Jun. 11, 2010 at 6:07 pm :
captain is anyone I'm talking to when i say captain. i just meant that some people dont respond to comments but i wasnt going to say any names. its funny how no one can understand me when i stop and think before i speak. marinade on me captain.