Over It | Teen Ink

Over It

By Danielle:) BRONZE, Canterbury, New Hampshire
Danielle:) BRONZE, Canterbury, New Hampshire

Do you know what’s happening? How you make the strongest girl weak. Suddenly she becomes aware of her insecurities whenever she hears you speak. She watched herself cry, as she got further into your mess. She felt her heart begin to die as her final words had meant less. She gave you her everything, no doubt making mistakes along the way. In return you did nothing but throw her love into disarray. In the middle of the night the lonely girl would awake, asking God if he could just correct this mistake. What are you doing to the strongest girl now weak? Why are you leaving her alone atop the highest of peaks? Do you understand the logic of one’s heart, that when fooled with, it can fall apart? Sometimes she would wonder what she would have to give to move on. Sometimes she thought, maybe her feelings were gone. Then she’d take one look around, head bent towards the ground. You’re the only one she’ll ever desire, and your deceptions to her are like the kindling below fire. This love is like the enemy, it just will never leave. I wish for just one second you would take the time to see, that hidden deep inside, this girl is me.