rain races and brainstorming | Teen Ink

rain races and brainstorming

By quesadillagirl BRONZE, San Diego, California
quesadillagirl BRONZE, San Diego, California

HAKOONAMATATA(:

I look outside my window to see nothing but overcast, darkened skies. The sky's color is just right; a blue purple gray color- the color of a fresh bruise from your pal who "accidentally" jabbed their foot into your shin. Well, maybe not your pal anymore. But I love the color. It makes me think of a love day. One of those days your supposed to sit on a hillside hand in hand with your significant other. But for me, it is rather a sharp reminder that I don't have one of those significant others. Now i look at what's on the window, and I see segregated groups of raindrops scattered over it. Then I see three individual rain drops in the center, slowly dripping down. I wonder if those little guys are racing. I will name them. I will name them Stella, Dallas, and June. I don't know which one is which, but June is winning.BAM. A streak of lightning appears in the background. I look past the window again, but this time, I think about... nothing, actually. Nothing. Life is too big to think about in two minutes. But who says I have two minutes? No one.But I don't want to bore you with my numerous long and dramatic stories.BAM. More rolls of thunder ring in my ears. I look back at what is on the window. The three raindrops have reached the bottom of the window sill, and the end of their journey. And who won the race? I don't know. It wasn't really up to me anyways.

on Jan. 3 2011 at 1:34 pm
Almost_Lover GOLD, Mission, South Dakota
This is a sad romance but really good, could u look at some of my work.