Swinging with Bare Feet This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Swinging With Bare Feet
By Lia Formenti

Rrrrrrrinnnnnng! There was the recess bell. Rachel and I ran outside to the swings. We got our two favorites. We sat down and started to pump.

Higher and higher we swung. The wind whipping our faces. Our hair streaming behind us. Rachel said, “ I feel like I’m flying!” I replied, “Yeah, let’s take off our shoes!”

Rachel and I kicked off our shoes. They dropped quietly to the ground. Our feet felt the wind and they got cold. I closed my eyes and so did Rachel.

Now we could have sworn we were flying. Our feet free, our faces filled with wind, and hair streaming behind us.

When I went forward, my hair ran behind me. When I went back, it flew in my face. “Swinging is the closest thing to flying!” I shouted. “I agree!” Rachel shouted back.

Back and forth we swung again and again. Rrrrrrrrinnnng! The bell rang. We had to go in. We jumped gracefully off the swings and landed on our feet. We put on our shoes and ran to class awaiting next recess.

jonas_chic899 said...
awesome:DD i loved it! it also made me feel like i was back at the local playground with my friend again on the swings

Thrush replied...
May 20, 2010 at 6:50 am
Thanks! That's kinda what I was feeling when I wrote it.

AnneOnnimous said...
HOME MEAL!!! Great job :) I like the ending

Thrush replied...
OLD MEAT! Thanks. I did this a while ago. Thanks so much, you just made my day.

AnneOnnimous replied...

yeah, and by the way, your story was posted on blackbird studio thing. AND MINE HASN"T BEEN YET!!!! Not that I care or anything....

go visit my profile, Meal :P

Thrush replied...
I wish I could, i tried, but I can't figure out how to get to the profiles of other people on here. I tried. And I think you do care about the story! I don't know, maybe she forgot or something. You can always e-mail her.

AnneOnnimous replied...
I know, I was joking about caring, gosh!!!! and to go to my profile, you just click on my name!!!!! wow, you really do have problems with techonology :P

Thrush replied...
Good good, but still you should have ur work posted! And that is why I'm talking buisness.

AnneOnnimous replied...
I do have my work posted, some of it!

Thrush replied...

I mean on rechelle's site

AnneOnnimous replied...
May 15, 2010 at 11:52 am
yeah, I juuust figured that out. I'm smart, huh? ;) and it finally did get posted on her site. Go check it out. And call me sometime.

Thrush replied...
yay! good! AND I WILL CALL YOU!!!!!

AnneOnnimous replied...
yay, thanks for calling me! I'm excited now :)

Thrush replied...
May 20, 2010 at 6:48 am
I CALLED YOU!!!! AFTER, WHAT, LIKE, 3 WEEKS OF SAYING I'D CALL YOU I CALLED YOU!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I'm happy I finally remembered.

AnneOnnimous replied...
I'm happy too :) I'm so excited! We have lots to talk about! And by the way, don't be alarmed if it looks on monday like I got the top layer of my hair dyed really light blonde. Because, thanks to the sun, my hair has done that drastically during the past few days, and it looks weird

Thrush replied...
I'm sure it looks fine. And I know you wouldn't dye your hair.

AnneOnnimous replied...
Good.                

AnneOnnimous replied...
good good, rather.

Thrush replied...
True true.

Powd3er said...
This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxIll tell you Im an orphan after you meet myy familyXx