If I Were in Charge of the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

(Apologies to Judith Viorst)
If I were in charge of the world
My favorite flip-flops would never wear out.
There would be no books of poems with the
last page missing,
No hairy spiders to hide in the corners.
If I were in charge of the world
I would have a never-ending string of puddles
to jump in,
And mothers would never scold their children
for tracking mud halfway down the hall.
If I were in charge of the world
There would never be hungry but always satisfied,
Except in the classroom, where
There would be endless shelves of books to feed
voracious minds.
I would find a way to make it easier
For everyone to understand that sometimes the same
stars can make
multiple constellations,
And that Archimedes was right:
You can move the world if only you have a lever and
a place to stand.

Teagan_Hayes said...
today at 11:53 pm
YES. I LOVE THIS! YOU ARE INSPIRATIONAL

pineappler03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:01 am
This is beautiful. I love this so much!

Luckystar78This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 4 at 12:27 pm
This is a beautiful, clever, and inspirational poem! I really enjoyed reading that :)

ClaranevsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 6:38 pm
wow! i love this.

Beast123679 said...
Apr. 21 at 1:14 pm
Boom Baby that was sweet

kaylacampbell said...
Apr. 21 at 11:00 am
I love it, you are an amazing writer.

Amalia said...
Mar. 30 at 11:19 am
I really like this poem, I think your readers can relate to it and it has descriptions involved in it, which help the reader see the images your trying to capture. I also like how your personality is presented in the poem.

jennabrinks said...
Mar. 30 at 8:38 am
Awesome poem! I can totally relate

Jamespack said...
Mar. 8 at 11:47 am
this is a very fantastic article!!! can't wait to read it!!!!!!

Christina2588This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 24 at 11:39 pm
TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/860555/bits-of-my-childhood-were-lost-to-the-clouds/ please take some time to check out my work and leave constructive criticism. Much appreciated!

A.L._Ias said...
This was really beautiful (I can totally relate)! It sounded so professional.

Darius_NoblesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 14, 2015 at 10:26 am
TeenInk.com/users/Darius_Nobles Please Leave Constructive Criticism, There's always room for improvement. Thanks Enjoy.

thisEmilyda1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It was a beautiful poem. It was mvoing and inspirational, but at the same time it was sad and haunting. i love the ending the most, it was sweet and thought provoking, it is a nice conclusion to the poem. know a lot of people are asking this, so i understand if you don't want to, but i am an aspiring author and would love you to check out my stories. your feedback would mean a lot to me, so thanks for considering. keep up the good work.

DietCoke said...
Your use of anaphora as well as your metaphor behind Archimedes were both greatly crafted to perfection. What an apology! I can only hope you'd check my work out as well: TeenInk.com/poetry/sonnet/article/808811/The-Prickle-Bush/

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
And this is what perry was created for.

JamersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27, 2015 at 10:29 am

Iamwhoiam17 said...
May 27, 2015 at 3:10 am
That is great!! Please check out my poem and like it please!: TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/709809/MeWho-i-want-to-be/

ROYALPURPLE said...
Very relatable and deep! Well done.

Amanda I. said...
This poem makes me happy (:

CharleyHeelisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it! Please check out my work @JessicaB.It's called Fire or Ice :) :)