If I Were in Charge of the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

(Apologies to Judith Viorst)
If I were in charge of the world
My favorite flip-flops would never wear out.
There would be no books of poems with the
last page missing,
No hairy spiders to hide in the corners.
If I were in charge of the world
I would have a never-ending string of puddles
to jump in,
And mothers would never scold their children
for tracking mud halfway down the hall.
If I were in charge of the world
There would never be hungry but always satisfied,
Except in the classroom, where
There would be endless shelves of books to feed
voracious minds.
I would find a way to make it easier
For everyone to understand that sometimes the same
stars can make
multiple constellations,
And that Archimedes was right:
You can move the world if only you have a lever and
a place to stand.

Christina2588This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:39 pm
TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/860555/bits-of-my-childhood-were-lost-to-the-clouds/ please take some time to check out my work and leave constructive criticism. Much appreciated!

A.L._IasThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was really beautiful (I can totally relate)! It sounded so professional.

Darius_NoblesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 14, 2015 at 10:26 am
TeenInk.com/users/Darius_Nobles Please Leave Constructive Criticism, There's always room for improvement. Thanks Enjoy.

thisEmilyda1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It was a beautiful poem. It was mvoing and inspirational, but at the same time it was sad and haunting. i love the ending the most, it was sweet and thought provoking, it is a nice conclusion to the poem. know a lot of people are asking this, so i understand if you don't want to, but i am an aspiring author and would love you to check out my stories. your feedback would mean a lot to me, so thanks for considering. keep up the good work.

DietCokeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Your use of anaphora as well as your metaphor behind Archimedes were both greatly crafted to perfection. What an apology! I can only hope you'd check my work out as well: TeenInk.com/poetry/sonnet/article/808811/The-Prickle-Bush/

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
And this is what perry was created for.

JamersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27, 2015 at 10:29 am

Iamwhoiam17 said...
May 27, 2015 at 3:10 am
That is great!! Please check out my poem and like it please!: TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/709809/MeWho-i-want-to-be/

ROYALPURPLEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very relatable and deep! Well done.

Amanda I. said...
This poem makes me happy (:

CharleyHeelisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it! Please check out my work @JessicaB.It's called Fire or Ice :) :)

That1CrazyChickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love what you said about the constellations :D Well done!

Paakhi said...
Dec. 24, 2014 at 6:48 am
Wow, this poem is awesome. Especially the last 3 lines. You're an amazing poet :)

mads1827 said...
I believe this poem is extrodinary and you are going places.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your poem is inspiring and has a lot of truth, also. Alos, congrats on having this published. You deserve it. 

TakeAGuessKataraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 10, 2014 at 1:09 am
I completly concur :) 

Oh, wow. I love this. It's amazing. You have such a talent and greatness in you; believe that becuase you do. Thank you so much, for sharing this. 

thefailureofhopesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9, 2014 at 6:27 am
I love this poem, how it doesn't rhyme but flows throughout perfectly - bbbbeautiful :)

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have one word for this poem: AMAZING! (and an emoticon) XD

ShadowPen said...
Gorgeous free verse. I could feel the flusteredness of the writer. I actually really enjoy the fact it didnt have rhythm. because life itself is not a mix of patterns and rhyms. life is so much more complicated. and you wrote it beautifully. Please, keep writing.