If I Were in Charge of the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

(Apologies to Judith Viorst)
If I were in charge of the world
My favorite flip-flops would never wear out.
There would be no books of poems with the
last page missing,
No hairy spiders to hide in the corners.
If I were in charge of the world
I would have a never-ending string of puddles
to jump in,
And mothers would never scold their children
for tracking mud halfway down the hall.
If I were in charge of the world
There would never be hungry but always satisfied,
Except in the classroom, where
There would be endless shelves of books to feed
voracious minds.
I would find a way to make it easier
For everyone to understand that sometimes the same
stars can make
multiple constellations,
And that Archimedes was right:
You can move the world if only you have a lever and
a place to stand.

EswzemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 19 at 12:20 am
I love this poem. It was AMAZINGLY written. The way you brought Archimedes into the thought was genius.

GigieSkyeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 22 at 11:54 pm
Pretty cool.

HereSheIsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8 at 10:05 am
I love the way you used the things you did to show that you wanted the world to be a happier, freer place. My favorite sentence was the second to last one: "I would find a way to make it easier for everyone to understand that sometimes the same stars can make multiple constellations."

odessasimone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 17 at 7:33 pm
I love that last sentence, brought the point home strong

eshaansomanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 17 at 6:29 pm
A great piece, written in a very clever way!

HenriksenM said...
Feb. 23 at 12:50 pm
It was a good poem, I just wish you talked about something more relevant and meaningful

Arti.MThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 6:39 am
A very well written writing piece

AJAY.UNIYAL said...
Feb. 1 at 9:35 am
i love the line If I were in charge of the world There would never be hungry but always satisfied, Except in the classroom, where There would be endless shelves of books to feed voracious minds

LeisurelySketches said...
Jan. 18 at 4:55 am
Very well written, the second last stanza is beautifully expressed, and the last one is my favorite.

jromeo said...
Jan. 10 at 10:56 pm
great word choice. this is the first poem that i read from the page (i joined today) and it definitely caught my attention

writer2005 said...
You have an amazing way with words, and I truly love your work so much.

Patrick82432This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this piece, it shows your true character and expresses the wishes that you hold, shared by many.

Teagan_Hayes said...
YES. I LOVE THIS! YOU ARE INSPIRATIONAL

pineappler03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 9, 2016 at 10:01 am
This is beautiful. I love this so much!

Luckystar78This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a beautiful, clever, and inspirational poem! I really enjoyed reading that :)

Claranevs said...
wow! i love this.

Beast123679 said...
Boom Baby that was sweet

kaylacampbell said...
Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:00 am
I love it, you are an amazing writer.

Amalia said...
Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:19 am
I really like this poem, I think your readers can relate to it and it has descriptions involved in it, which help the reader see the images your trying to capture. I also like how your personality is presented in the poem.

jennabrinks said...
Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:38 am
Awesome poem! I can totally relate