If I Were in Charge of the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

(Apologies to Judith Viorst)
If I were in charge of the world
My favorite flip-flops would never wear out.
There would be no books of poems with the
last page missing,
No hairy spiders to hide in the corners.
If I were in charge of the world
I would have a never-ending string of puddles
to jump in,
And mothers would never scold their children
for tracking mud halfway down the hall.
If I were in charge of the world
There would never be hungry but always satisfied,
Except in the classroom, where
There would be endless shelves of books to feed
voracious minds.
I would find a way to make it easier
For everyone to understand that sometimes the same
stars can make
multiple constellations,
And that Archimedes was right:
You can move the world if only you have a lever and
a place to stand.

DietCokeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 18 at 8:11 pm
Your use of anaphora as well as your metaphor behind Archimedes were both greatly crafted to perfection. What an apology! I can only hope you'd check my work out as well: TeenInk.com/poetry/sonnet/article/808811/The-Prickle-Bush/

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27 at 8:06 pm
And this is what perry was created for.

Jamerson said...
May 27 at 10:29 am

Iamwhoiam17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27 at 3:10 am
That is great!! Please check out my poem and like it please!: TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/709809/MeWho-i-want-to-be/

ROYALPURPLEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 6:20 pm
Very relatable and deep! Well done.

Amanda I. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 6:03 pm
This poem makes me happy (:

CharleyHeelisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 22 at 1:04 pm
Love it! Please check out my work @JessicaB.It's called Fire or Ice :) :)

That1CrazyChick said...
Feb. 6 at 4:31 pm
I love what you said about the constellations :D Well done!

Paakhi said...
Dec. 24, 2014 at 6:48 am
Wow, this poem is awesome. Especially the last 3 lines. You're an amazing poet :)

mads1827This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I believe this poem is extrodinary and you are going places.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Your poem is inspiring and has a lot of truth, also. Alos, congrats on having this published. You deserve it. 

TakeAGuessKataraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 10, 2014 at 1:09 am
I completly concur :) 

Oh, wow. I love this. It's amazing. You have such a talent and greatness in you; believe that becuase you do. Thank you so much, for sharing this. 

thefailureofhopes said...
Jun. 9, 2014 at 6:27 am
I love this poem, how it doesn't rhyme but flows throughout perfectly - bbbbeautiful :)

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have one word for this poem: AMAZING! (and an emoticon) XD

ShadowPen said...
Gorgeous free verse. I could feel the flusteredness of the writer. I actually really enjoy the fact it didnt have rhythm. because life itself is not a mix of patterns and rhyms. life is so much more complicated. and you wrote it beautifully. Please, keep writing.

doriiiiiiiii said...
May 12, 2014 at 10:16 am
why is everyone talking abou t"beautiful"

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really deep and meaningful. I liked this, but I think maybe a little rhythm and rhyme could've made it a lot better. Don't get me wrong; I love this. I really do. Maybe you could add some variation to it by adding more poetic devices and stuff, but it's really cool so far. Good job!

PaperclipMonday said...
Awesome poem.. Even awesomer if had a  little rhythm

EEKgirl said...
Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:02 am
This is beautiful. I love it. If only...