Climbing with my Christ | Teen Ink

Climbing with my Christ

By SunshyneSky GOLD, Oakdale, California
SunshyneSky GOLD, Oakdale, California

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

Forever I’ll reach out my hand and pull you up to me

Let us climb the rest side by side

Knowing we will never reach the top,
The journey be our goal
Climb towards being your own savior

Promise me something?

If you ever become higher than I,

Will you lift me up if I shall struggle?

I promise the same unto you

Let us climb to our heaven that be ourselves

I look into you and see Christ,

Look back at me, will you?

In my eyes you will see the same.

SunshyneSky GOLD, Oakdale, California

I guess it might have been decieving that this is an anti-religious feeling I have. "Climbing towards being your own savior" meaning the narator and their person their audience control there own life. I say 'heaven that be ourselves' insinuating that the narrator and their audience as humans make our own 'heaven' or happiness. And "I look into you and see Christ " saying that I see this ' Christ ' being people have created that is all powerful in that person, that they hold all the power and with "In my eyes you will see the same" Stating the narrator has the power as well

Nikiblue PLATINUM, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

"Stupid Is As Stupid Does." -Forest Gump (;
"No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude."

This is beautiful. I love how you put in your religious beliefs in this piece. Kudos to you. Keep up the great work! (: