The Freak

Harsh words and mean names I continue to shout. He is different, very odd without a doubt. I saw him and started to laugh, oblivious to his inside wrath. Inside his brain his dreaming, but outside he is left alone crying and screaming. He knew I thought he had gone completely insane, so he kept to himself his effort to forget the pain. One night while sitting alone, there was the ringing of his phone. The caller's voice was weak, yet their breathing was deep. "You are gentle and you are kind, so get over your past and let it all shine." He came to me with a mirror gripped as tight as he could, and two inches from me is exactly where he stood. He held the mirror up in front of me, his point was obvious, as clear as could be. He was humble, honest, and meek, and in the mirror, my reflection, I was the freak.

SassyJones said...
May 9, 2010 at 1:52 am:
wow- this makes me misty eyed. I hope to write like you some day soon. please check out my work 

Rennie said...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 5:48 pm:
Thank you all so much for your positive comments. I know my formatting is wrong. This was my first post on Teen Ink and when I entered in I didn't realize how it would be posted.

Ms. Mona said...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 5:26 pm:
I think that you have a lot of talent! You have a way with words unlike other 13 year olds:) I agree with the other poster about your format.

Ariel W. said...
Feb. 27, 2010 at 3:38 pm:
Your are very talented at writing, but you need tolearn how to paragraph it right or whatever thatb is called

Rennie replied...
Feb. 27, 2010 at 3:52 pm :
Thank you so much for the feedback! Please tell your friends to check out my work! The more comments the better :)

rennie'smom said...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 6:00 pm:
I think you writing is a gift that you are using in incredible ways. Keep writing.

Rennie replied...
Feb. 27, 2010 at 3:54 pm :
Thanks Mom lol :)

Rennie said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:25 pm:
Hey guys please post comments! I really wanna know what you think :) THANKS!