glass | Teen Ink

glass

January 18, 2010
By erin_michelle SILVER, Spring, Texas
erin_michelle SILVER, Spring, Texas
5 articles 6 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"life is short, art is long" live to the fullest and let the art of your life escape from your fingertips.


I don’t care what you do; I wouldn’t want to be like you. I don’t care what they say. Even if I might love you. I can’t even come close to you, I never can there’s too many things that could hurt me too bad to even become to getting close to you. There’s a hole in my heart where you should be, it is always yours. I’m longing for you, and yet you can’t hear me. As I look from afar, you sometimes look my way, but it’s as though you look through me never to me. So I sit here and wait for my chance, that I don’t think ill ever get. That chance to be yours, I sit here only as the glass girl. The prism in which you see a different light but never really look. There’s a light at the end of this tunnel and it’s so far away from you that I think I can’t take it in and yet there it is and I’m almost there, out of your shadow. And then you suddenly recognize that I’m not your prism anymore, I was yet just another girl in your shadow, and now I am who I knew I was destined to be. Don’t call me the glass girl; your glass girl; for now I am a girl who doesn’t need you. Its time for you to be in my shadow; its time for you to be the glass boy. For the better things that lie ahead for me; without you to hold me back. I will leave you in the dust; my beautiful glass boy.