Love Yourself

I don't like being me,
I am ashamed of myself.
I wish that I could be-
Somebody else!

I wish that I loved me,
Just as I love you.
I hate being lonely...
I wish that I were you.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yeah, shes right, this is freakin awesome.i love the last two lines.

DeannaAnn replied...
thank you :]

alanacarlene said...
ohmygosh! first to comment on this? WHAT! it's an honor this is really a beautiful poem! it totally deserves to be in the magazine! i can really truly relate to this as can so many other people this is my new favorite poem on teenink! this is really good i like how short it is and the rhyme is really good too! amazing keep it up

DeannaAnn replied...
:) thanks thats very flattering. i stopped writing a year ago. i never have anything to write about. you made my day though. :D

alanacarlene replied...
You're welcome glad i did. why'd you stop writing??? you really shouldn't! you have talent

DeannaAnn replied...
i write when it comes to me and it comes to me at random. lol. so ill probably start again sometime soon.

alanacarlene replied...
ooooh yeah i'm like the exact opposite i write write write! and then randomly stop when writer's block hits me like a 10 pound sack of sand lol and i really hate it