You and I

I don't remember how it happened, you and I. All that I can bring to mind is the light i saw flicker in your eyes. They seemed to some how clench my soul. Throbbing intensely with anticipation, your love warms my heart from the outside in. Your love is the golden sunrise, vivid and searing, on an early spring morning. It is the sparkle of the cold winter snow. The glisten of the moon, immense and dazzling, and the shine of the stars. Your love is the heat of the day and the bitterness of the night. It is everything that is special in life. Toes wiggling, feet scorching, your love is the sand between my toes. It is the mid-days sun yellow and bright reflecting off my delicate skin. Being loved by you, its like my prayers late at night and the angel watching over me while I dream. Thinking silently to myself, I know you are the gift i never asked for and the piece of heaven i didn't deserve. Heart pounding blood rushing, your heart and soul are one with my own. Your burning red aura and my delicate blue blurring into an infinite shade of purple as they dance around us creating a safe sanctuary where you and I can escape the world around us.