The Tongue that Wasn't | Teen Ink

The Tongue that Wasn't

Listentomelistentomyheart BRONZE, Glasgow, Other

"If you soap a balloon, the soap is no longer tax deductible." Anus Horribilis, 3rd Emperor of the Third Reich.

I thought it was your tongue,
But could it be that the desire that oozes
From the dark cave
Of forgotten dreams
Pours onto the false lip of reality?

The false lip
That did speak unspeakable crimes
Of
Chapped glory,
Of
Cold un-fired lust
That could best be described as the face of terrors
Unknown to the eyes of this quaking un-holding beholder
Of youthful tragedy?

Never!

Perhaps that tongue-like enigma
Is the very lick of the soul
That permeates the darkness of forgone
Conclusions,
Conclusions that conclude to construct
That cavernous cave of conniving kinetic calamity?

It can not be...

Or could it be
That the abyss
Of my own deeds,
The murky oil-stained front that holds
The residue of my sins,
Past, present and the time that is to be
Is to bottom out,
To give way to the
Sudden
Tempestuous weight of the justice-sodden
Demon that was begot,
That was instilled and fermented
By blood-scattered ashes
Of the self
and the pleasure
within?

No,my friend of little resignation,
I turn in despair and in the mid-summer
Of my
Shocking
Realisation
To see the Pork Chop of Infidelity,
Inking its judgement upon my
Flesh...

This piece speaks to the conclusions of forgotten members who may forget a conclusion was imminent. For the adolescents who, like me, can't the difference between a physical thing and the destruction of the soul.

Vanished BRONZE, Change, Colorado
Ah, the United Kingdom! As an American, I am fascinated with the concept of traveling around the world. London is merely a vague futuristic dream, and I want (Ah, the expression "Want"!) to see everything in our dying world - places that induce me to gaze in wonder, and places that shake me and make me cringe in horror.

I have read a great deal of pieces of poetry, whether online, in books, in frayed notebooks, or read aloud from people in the streets (I've traveled all through America.) I promise you an honest opinion when I declare that you are talented. Poetry is a dying art, but you gave it color and voice, and you delivered in such a way to make me believe that you have the etchings of a mind! I thought it beautiful, intricate, thought provoking, and realistic with a whimsical edge. Curious; how long have you been writing? What makes the words dance the way they do? Honestly, teenagers here sing that I am a talented author, but I would like your opinion - you sound like someone who would be truthful and of value to my writing excelling. Merely click on my name, and seek the story "Razed Expectations" to voice your opinion, and answer my questions. Thank you, and good night! (Or whatever bloody time it is over the seas!) Curious again; what do you think of America?

on Jan. 25 2010 at 10:39 am

http ://www.youtube .com /watch?v=DxLdhmAqvAE
This is a lovely video we found of someone reading my work!! Can you believe it? I feel very welcomed!!
Thanks, guys!!