Walk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Toddled uneasy steps,
awkward and learning, fumbling and sweet.
Gurgling spurts of self satisfaction.
Small tender hands grasping the coffee table daring to let go.
Fumbling, sticky fingers lose their grasp,
tumbling backwards, slipping to the floor.
The shock of the landing, the surprise of the fall.
The shrill scared cry out to Mother
who scoops you up and places you, once again, by the coffee table.
I watch this process over and over again,
wondering how many tries it will take 'til you get it.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 5:49 am
This is cute---a nice change for a poem. Your work makes me remember the fact that walking is part of it all, and that once I struggled to walk as well. It was nostalgic in a way. 5/5

Only,I This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you very much. (:

Only,I This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 2:54 am
Oh lordy xD

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I thought this was about you wondering how many times hot coffee will spill on a baby before somebody decides to get him out of the way, but hey who am I? 5 stars captain. do your dance.