My Cinderella Story | Teen Ink

My Cinderella Story

January 6, 2010
By cymsails BRONZE, Swampscott, Massachusetts
cymsails BRONZE, Swampscott, Massachusetts
4 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
1. Imagination is the best way to say f* you to reality
2.Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don’t.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it


One day, I was your best friend the next, I was just like the others We laughed that Friday afternoon Now it kills my head to think we were that close The class makes my head spin, round and round I cannot tell you how much it hurts To care and always be there Then leave me on the street with no followers or leaders You used to give advice that matted Now its just crap stuck in my head You said we’re throwing out the garbage Does that mean my believers and their new personalities? I used to adore everything about you I hate change and now you You took our relationship and rewrote it The editions, corrections, and cross outs I am just a cross out and you never wanted me there in the 1st place Hero, is that that I called you Well I take that back Forgive you… Yeah right, why should I You tried to help then gave up and When did I ever give up on your dreams? Can’t you just notice me? Am I invisible? You don’t know anything I wanted you to help me when I asked you, you said yes… But now I am nothing Lunch was fun, now I have friends better than you Originality, is what you said you liked Then why dress and talk, like an 8th grader I wish you could look in the mirror and see What you have done to a poor, kid like me I’ll get over it someday… When I’m older… I will learn from your mistakes Not to favor anyone or try to think of others Be mature and see that words mean everything So, go on be hating me and not noticing me I am never going to back down and I am just getting stronger I think that I could do better on my own My only believer taken away Well I’ll rewrite my story just for you can be the evil stepsister to my Cinderella story.


The author's comments:
I had lots of trouble last year with a student teacher relationship.