Waiting

Waiting
Is for people
Who have the time
To watch the waves
Come in
Go out
Come in again

Who wake up
To see the sunrise
Taste the breeze
Listen to the song
Of the Morning Bird

But I want
To be Someone!
Make a difference
Be the Painter
The Author
The Doctor
Who changes a life.
How can I
Be the one who Waits?

So I make my wish
On every star
And then sit
And watch the waves

In
And Out
And In again

LastChapter said...
Miss Goddess of the Moon, you have done it again! well done, Miss Moon. well.done.

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2010 at 8:26 pm:
i agree w/ everyone this peom rocks-can't wait to read more!!!

--LoveHappens-- said...
I really enjoyed this it is so fresh and the flow is nice and easy. The tone is calm and very interesting. Great job and please check out my work as well.... thanks!!!

lovespromise said...
This is so...crisp! I love it!

BobbysGirl said...
omg this is so good! i love it! keep writing!!!!

little-miss-sunshine said...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 7:03 pm:
Beautiful. I can really relate to this piece.

Laughternchoclate said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:58 am:
Definitely what BelmaH said... it was really good.

QuestionAuthority said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 6:16 pm:
This was beauitful :)

BelmaH replied...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 3:29 pm :
This was really good. it was clean, simple, and bright. Awesome!

BaiLiHua This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 1:10 pm:
This is absolutely stunning, my friend.

Tim-.- said...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 8:52 pm:
Perfect. Such a good poem ^_^
You have a really good gift here :D

Nikiblue said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 11:23 pm:
The begging was so captivating that I just had to keep reading until the end. Very lovely piece!

Louis This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 1:36 pm:
hey! thanks for commenting on my page! your poem is really good - i like it because i can realte to it, and i love the fact that you write hoping to change someone's life. that's really inspiring! keep it up!

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 7:50 pm:
I liked the first stanza and i could relate to it and the second stanza was pretty cool but after that, i just lost you. how do all these jobs have to do with waiting? i can think of connections but it was all smooth flowing until that point...may be you would see my point if you read it out loud? But it was really a good piece with a beautiful beginning. i liked the waiting part a lot and keep up the good work :)

goddess_of_the_moon_123 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 9:21 pm :
I guess my point was sort of that it's hard to wait... waiting to make a change, be important, do something that means something to someone, somewhere. And that there are people out there who are okay with it, but that I'm just not one of them... and that sometimes all you can do is wait, no matter how much you want to make a difference. That's kind of what I was thinking when I wrote this, but if you don't get it, then that's my bad. Thanks for leaving a comment, I real... (more »)

Hope4All said...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 6:10 pm:
oh my goodness. this is prolly my fav!! its like you start by saying "well waiting is bad" then you twist it around to say world changes wait too. on second thought it could be that those who wait have big dreams but the waiting sometimes take over when the opportunities come. this is cool.

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 4, 2010 at 4:01 pm:
Pretty.
And very interesting.
The very first line captured me.
Keep writing.
And please check out my work if you have time. Leave a comment and rate if you wish.

MayaElyashiv This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:15 am:
I really like this! The way it flows matches the waves (at least how I perceive them). The ending is so true...I think it's one of the biggest problems people get stuck with, wanting to do big things but not doing anything to get to that point. Love it!

SilverDawn said...
Absolutely beautiful!! the symbolism of the waves is mesmerizing. made me want to reread your poem :D the idea about people who wait and people who do things is strong and good. really like it, keep writing!