The Hallway | Teen Ink

The Hallway

By LoverofLindsey BRONZE, Palmetto, Florida
LoverofLindsey BRONZE, Palmetto, Florida

" I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. "
--Marilyn Monroe
(one of my favorite ppl)

I stand in that one hallway of mine and I think to myself quietly, (a whisper in my mind so no one -- not even the invisible monster following me can hear) ...I say, "Where to now? Am i lost in this endless hallway?"

I dont want anyone to hear. I dont want myself to hear because I just cant accept the fact that I dont know what I want in life.

Do i want independence? Someone to love? Someone to love me? Do I not know what love truly is? Could your tell me? I feel like an empty cold-hearted monster when I say the word "hate" because I still dont know what that stupid word means.

I walk in this hallway not knowing where i am going but I can't stay in this spot forever. I refuse to, I can't fear anything anymore. Let me be free, let me live in ignorance for a while.

I just couldn't help to write something like this. Personal experiences have led to this confusion in this hallway I am trapped in. Sorry if I sound overly depressed, I'm Not it's just a little bit of confusion. Hope you enjoy