Finding Me

Lead comforts me as I
Stare into the abyss of
Cluttered emotions and
Uncategorized feelings of

Sadness and depression...
But I'm afraid to let its grasp
Take hold of the
Normally bubbly me,

And the feelings of dizziness...
Though I am sitting still,
Solely staring at the lead that is
Soundlessly scratching over this page,

And feelings of heartache...
But it's not from a broken romance,
More from a twisted heart, raped by
Confusion.

I look at my dilemma
Like a back room that has
Been neglected and pushed aside
Because it would take too much time

to fix it,

And sorting through my room
I find
Photographs and poems,
Stories and novels,

and words, lots of words.

And then, I finally find me.

The emotional, caring, eccentric, wordy
Me.

DarkBlueBaby22 said...
I absolutely love this. Your use of vocabulary and symbolism is superb. You've got a special talent :)

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback!!!

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 11:41 am
i luvvv it. very deeppp

Thank you so much :)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is great. I like that line-uncategorized feelings of. I like the metaphor comparison thingy-its really creative-  5 stars captain:)

Wow, thank you so much, this means so much to me :) Is there anything of yours that you would like me to read/comment?

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
well since you dont mind-"pay no attention to my punctuation marks" and "its like suicide really". double please???????and please tell me if you understand it.