The Mermaid King | Teen Ink

The Mermaid King

By Ebonyrose BRONZE, Cornelia, Georgia
Ebonyrose BRONZE, Cornelia, Georgia

Walking alone on this shore of the beach the water dazzling it seems to be calling me in, the moon, a spot light beckoning me back.
To let me sing to the anenomes that all reside in my memories, to dance for the mermaids the deeper part a startling jade.Knowing i want to come back in the spotlight. to make up with the fish,and to let my lips settle on the mermaid king. his crown made up of the most beautiful pearls, the seaweed caressing me as the water tries to whisper it's warning,as the mermaid king tries to seduce me into staying. His skin sun-kissed his hands softer than any rose petal. I reside in this kingdom on the beach. So i dance for my mermaid king, the bubbles are all i can sing. I think back now i remember why i left, water fills my lungs, the seaweed holds me down,
the mermaid king coming with a crown, for the princess of the sea, his heart of the ocean,he's not meant for me.
and though so many times ago i ventured down to this kingdom, pain erupts me. My legs that used to dance turn into jade fins, i miss the air already. to be with him i must give up my life this is not the right lifetime, i must stay forever, if this is what is choosen. I kiss him once more, he will be missed, i float to the top. i dance along the shore, as i see the bubbles form, so i start to sing for my beautiful mermaid king, as he arrives to the surface he gave back his crown. He joins me now, hand in hand, he chose his heart over the ocean he ruled. His queen of land, her mermaid king i walk along the shore of the beach the water seems to darken now. it's beckoning him back, i can't keep him here so away he goes if their are tears if my eyes i refuse to show him.
a final kiss, a last wish, maybe in another life time, my mermaid king and i. The king never came back as i stray away from the beach. I will never forget about the mermaid king.
The mermaid king, chose the sea,
over me,
i suppose it isn't meant to be,
and i never went back,
i want him to remember me how i was, he's probably swimming among the anenomes and caressing other mermaids in his kingdom under the sea.

It's a sort of love that can't be together, sometimes things aren't meant to work and we need to move on. I dreamt this up.

on Jun. 28 2010 at 11:10 am
guinea_pig_girl BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado
I would try to separate, polish, and put a little rhythm into it- it kind of seems like one long, run-on paragraph the way you have written it.  Gorgeous description and beautiful story, though!

Ebonyrose BRONZE, Cornelia, Georgia
I would love some critism. It's welcome here.