My best poems | Teen Ink

My best poems

December 7, 2009
By Toya Ross BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Toya Ross BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

1. I want my parents to see my walk on and off the stage.

I want to be the one to succeed, I want to be the one to wear the Graduation gown.

To be looked upon as someone who Made it through the good times and the bad times
I want to prove all the people who never believed. In me wrong. And most of all I want my

Parents and grandparents to be proud of me, for staying in school.

But most of all I’m going to do it for myself because

I deserve to let my light shine and show the world what I’m made

Of once and for all.

2.
The Future can be whatever you want it to be

It all depends on the choices you will make

Now and later on in life.

As far as I am concerned my future is all I think about from the time I started High school to this being my last year, my future

Rest in my hands and mine alone.

We have paths and guidelines to help us along the way.

Right now I have my goals all mapped out for me and after I graduate I would like to go to a community college to become a professional photographer.

That’s where my real future begins, it’s just the begging not the end, so I can always change my mind within the next five to ten years.

It’s never good to live in the past to long as for the future thanks to the final season of the hit TV show scrubs it doesn’t seem so scary anymore my future can be whatever I want it to be . Quotes from final season of scrubs J.D= John Durians Future.


3.
Next in My future would be Marriage I’d like to keep it as simple as possible close friends and family around. I don’t need a fancy wedding dress to be happy just something classy elegant and simple it doesn’t have to cost five thousand dollars for it . I just want it to be the happiest day of my life.

I want my dad to walk me down the ilea and be there for me through the good things and bad. I want my parents once again to see that their little girl has succeeded.

All and all I just want to be happy, and make sure that someone is their to say I’ve got your back someone to pick me up when I fall down. And that’s all I need is for someone to care.