The Audition. | Teen Ink

The Audition.

By Shevyshakes BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Shevyshakes BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

The revolution of the Earth around the sun, is a perfect lesson of how it should be. If I cannot learn, to journey and return, to never rest to see all I can see.

Porcelain skin.
Eyes stare bluntly looking for something to taste
Fabrics turn together in a melodic time step
The feet twist and glide landing in first position
New starts and premiers
Simultaneously erasing the the fumbles of your last life's dance
The judges keep forward pondering and piecing your work
Eyes searching your soul looking for the insecurity to keep you down
Ages of time pass and the final judgment dawns upon
signs raise in progression direction of your reading
No answer and the dance never stops
Eyes staring bluntly ahead, spotting, as not to get lost.

The whole thing is a girls audition. Her audition is a metaphor for life.
Shes dancing and working and trying her best, and each new step is another towards her future, another blotting out the things in her past she is ashamed of.
Meanwhile people look and judge how shes dancing and picking apart her faults because they are too blind to work on their own. (how she is living her life, and pursuing her passion, dance = symbolizing passion) They keep judging but she continues her dance and works through her heart, not through her bruised pride.

Finally it comes the time for the judges to review their scores and hold up their signs, but they are blank. Because in the end you never have anything else but what you grasp. It doesn't matter what they say anyway, its just you on your stage. There is no answer to the audition and the dancing never stops, life continues.

And the last line, if you know dancing, you know spotting is used while you dance, to keep your eyes focused so that you don't get dizzy or a headache. It means to keep your eyes set on your goal, your passion, and not get side tracked by frivolous things.