Just Ask Her This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By , Springfield, IL
Just ask her.
She's felt me.
Touched the bruises
No one's ever found.
Seen the places
We each mapped
Out to be the end.
She's lit the embers
On my path
That I am long
Past deciphering.

Don't ask me.
I've kissed her
Scars that bled
Her nearly dry.
Cupped the blood
Black lipstick that
Masked so many of
Her years of youth.
Dreamed her same
Hopes. And I too
Felt them decay
Beneath my touch.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow! Wonderful job! Amazing how you told such a complex story in such a complicated way and yet, i could understand it all so clearly. I'm so sorry about your friend. I know it is difficult to understand, and sometimes i don't believe it myself, but everything happens for a reason. Your friend taught you that you are not alone for a reason. It is what you do with these "reasons" that makes your life! Ya got ME? :) Great writing

batmanfreakk said...
Beautiful.

psychokidd said...
Jan. 28, 2011 at 11:51 am
this was very beautifuly written, and very powerful, i could deffinatly feel the emotion coming from it, and easily relate to it. awesome job. and i'm very sorry for your loss....

sparkofheart said...
wow...i am so sorry. the description wanted to make me cry...i am currently suffering from...lets just say, "these feelings," and i can relate to this poem so much. definitely on my favorites. check out my work too please i think we have a similar style

AndTheVinesSpin said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 6:59 am

You couldn't possibly have any Idea how well I relate... No Idea at all..

It's beautifully written. Five stars.

TheSummoningFreak said...

this is great i lvoe it very much and i am soo sorry for your loss i know what you feel a friend of mine killed herself and it's never easy no matter what.

Nikki T. said...
its beautiful...woah

TheColorRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
much thanks