Addicted | Teen Ink

Addicted

December 14, 2009
By sarahdee GOLD, Swansea, Illinois
sarahdee GOLD, Swansea, Illinois
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything had changed suddenly--the tone, the moral climate; you didn't know what to think, whom to listen to. As if all your life you had been led by the hand like a small child and suddenly you were on your own, you had to learn to walk by yourself. There was no one around, neither family nor people whose judgment you respected. At such a time you felt the need of committing yourself to something absolute--life or truth or beauty--of being ruled by it in place of the man-made rules that had been discarded. You needed to surrender to some such ultimate purpose more fully, more unreservedly than you had ever done in the old familiar, peaceful days, in the old life that was now abolished and gone for good."


My life revolves around addictions.

They control my every action; constantly whispering in my ear.

I’m addicted to any drug that will get me high enough not to care.

I’m addicted to the cramping pain in my stomach that lets me know pounds are dropping like flies.

I’m addicted to the “I don’t care” attitude that leaves me no where I can be vulnerable.

I’m addicted to the tug on my wrist that doesn’t let me forget I have failed.

I’m addicted to the no-so-p.g. desire that leaves me okay for seconds.

I’m addicted to the destructive behavior that helps me stay lonely.

I’m addicted to addictions, because like nothing else their always there.