I Still Remember | Teen Ink

I Still Remember

You’re always in the streets
Doing what you do best
But then you come home do
A few chores around the house and then
Stick you chest out. Don’t you realize, you had a
Little girl at home observing the things you do.
The arguments, the fussing and fights with your wife which was dumb. Had a little girl in her bed holding on her pillow tight.
You don’t realize what you had at home was good. You basically left us home on holidays playing basketball with your friends, as you do say. While I was doing free-throws at school which was the most important day I stopped and thought to my self…. “Where is my Dad?” The only person was there was my mother… what about cheerleading you was there for about an hour until my mom came and then you left
As soon as I looked up while everybody else parents where there meaning both of them I only had one.
Yes I still remember these things & yes it still hurt to my heart till this day.
What can I say about this, but to let go and let god handle it

this piece was about this little gurl who was mentally abused and always wanted her dad to be there, she wanted both of her parents to support her

AbbotRabbit GOLD, Abolana, District Of Columbia

This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxIll tell you Im an orphan after you meet myy familyXx

This poem has great flow and insight.

I really enjoyed it.

Lovely poem darling =]