Tears Have Fallen on This Page

I trace the green and blue lines on a purple base of my cute new jacket--and what do I think?

I think of running in the never-ending grassy fields and the blue sky after it turns purple in the evening.

Every hole or ditch in the street I walk on reminds me of one thing...

I think of the obstacles and challenges that I run into on the course of my life.

As I look into the sky and let the sun warm my brown skin and my dark eyes...

I think of my love caressing my body and his eyes burning passionately into mine as we exchange a kiss.

I study the contours of my silver chain necklace...

And think of the promises made and kept--ready to be broken or already broken.

I stare at the coffee mug that have fallen from my hands and broken into tiny pieces on the floor...

And think of my life shattering, breaking apart--falling...

I wipe away the steamy fog on the mirror after a shower...

For it reminds me of the dark clouds that have acted as a blockage of my vision.

I clutch my chest as I watch the speakers pound the loud music violently--thumping constantly...

And I listen to my heartbeat follow the same rhythm as I make of the worse decisions of my life...

To give up everything that made my world a beautiful purple after running in the grassy fields
And everything that picked me up
and helped me to avoid the holes
and ditches in to road.
And everything that caressed my body and made everything "okay" with burning eyes and passionate kisses.
And everything that helped me
keep promises and mend broken
ones.
And everything that glued the broken pieces of my life together.
And everything that brought light
to my dark world.
And everything that kept my heart beating with every ounce of his life and blood that he shed for me...

[Breathe...Let the tears fall.]

ZJcancel said...
Jan. 19, 2016 at 10:31 am
touches the heart

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is my favorite piece of yours - it just pulls me in and entices me. I love your imagery. Very strong. Great job :)

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
awwwwwwww yay. thanks :D

tbkeleli said...
great work. very powerful and touching.