Here's To You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Analyze yourself. Your understanding of yourself and the world will continue to ­expand –”
She'll learn.
She'll learn from every single thing that is placed, dropped, thrown, kicked or shoved into her path.
She'll learn more about who she is and who she's longing to become.
She'll inspect every object, plow through the dilemma it creates and pursue her way ­forward.
She'll become the strongest woman you'll lose the privilege to behold in your life.
She may not be the most athletic girl, with the muscle to punch you and make you shed pathetic tears but she has the brains, heart, and will to kill you slowly from the inside out.
She may still love you, and be unwilling and defiant to hurt you but it's what you deserve.
You didn't realize what you possessed when you had her.
No one realizes what they have when they have her.
She's the one who got away. But it's too late, there's no turning back now. The damage is done. You deserve to wallow in misery knowing you turned your path away from the most amazing path you may never again have the chance to set foot on.
You'll have to watch from the other side of a barbed-wire fence while she moves along her beautiful path.
She'll understand herself.
Her world will expand.
She WILL love again ….

TheGoldenDomination said...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 8:08 pm:
that was really good..

JdnMC This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 8:11 pm :

Thank you SO much! 

I NEVER imagined I would have this published or anything of the source.

Your comment really means a lot to me. (: 

TheGoldenDomination replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 12:55 am :
I think it deserved to get in the mag. i freakin loved this poem lol

Jul. 2, 2010 at 12:23 am :
ThankyouThankyouThankyou!! 
(:

former teacher said...
May 9, 2010 at 2:48 am:

i'm so proud of this girl.  so proud, especially because i'm so NOT surprised by her awareness.  her audacity.  her ability.  way to go, dear.  keep working on your writing, and continue to "wow" us.  

you've done real good, sweetheart.

May 12, 2010 at 5:38 pm :
Thank you so much! (: