willow tree | Teen Ink

willow tree

By giraffe SILVER, Mesa, Arizona
giraffe SILVER, Mesa, Arizona

"so, this is my life. and I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." - the perks of being a wallflower by stephen chbosky

dear _______;

i find myself thinking of those days of long summer nights and shooting stars and the fact that no matter how much wine we sipped, laughing, the world would still be there in the morning and we the inheritors of this beautiful earth would still need our practicalities and plans because the world didn't and still doesn't turn on wishes, or wine dear, and not even kisses.

under the willow tree you kissed me for the first time, all those years ago. and nobody told you that growing up would be like this. and nobody said your first kiss would be the best kiss, would be the kiss you so desperately want to forget but will always remember. and nobody said your first kiss would be with your best friend. and nobody said you would kiss the same girl your father took by force all those years before all those years ago.

and make the world spin and all the stars come dancing in your eyes because i think part of me is still in love with you. because part of me thinks i always will be. and i’m scared that i’m wrong.

and i look at other girls and i think, if i close my eyes tight enough, they'll look like you. if i close my eyes tight enough, they'll be you. if i close my eyes tight enough, they'll kiss me too.

it's nights like these where i can't help but wonder, what's going through everyone's mind.

love,

__________.