hiding in a shell | Teen Ink

hiding in a shell

By dreamerchic SILVER, Carthage, Missouri
dreamerchic SILVER, Carthage, Missouri

DO WORK!!!!

I am in the back of the room,
silently sitting,
watching the other girls talk about their summers,
but not me..... i was..... hiding,
in a shell.... where i was in my own little word, where I wasn't afraid to talk to anybody,but.... i was afraid to do it in real life.... I was invisible.... to some people... yet very visible to those who also hide in their own shell at sometimes.... I knew right then... that i had a friend like me. And now I don't feel alone,or trapped in the shell i used to hide in.

I hide in a shell almost all the time..... and I just found someone like me at school, now we are doing a little better about just talking to people instead of being shy, because at some time in our lives, we will feel shy about talking to a certain person, then know that everything is ok.

on Dec. 22 2009 at 9:24 am
dreamerchic SILVER, Carthage, Missouri

DO WORK!!!!

Well, It makes it hard sometimes, cuz some people wouldn't understand. So I'm normally the person who is just there, u kno, i don't talk much, but when i do, not much comes out of my mouth. But since you gave me some good advice, i will try to be more outspoken.... Thanx. :)

paradise-of-hell BRONZE, Georgetown, Texas

When forever ends, something new always begins.

I think i know what you mean. I dont open up to people, like i want to but a part of me is flipping out cause i'm so unsure how they will react to my crazy past. "you are loved" by josh groban always lifts me when i'm in this state of "unsure" You seem like a pretty nifty gal..... :)so take that silly chance and open up- who knows where it will take you

dreamerchic SILVER, Carthage, Missouri

DO WORK!!!!

Sometimes i just wish that i wasn't so afraid to show who i really am, so i share my thoughtsand feelings thru poems or stories that i can relate to.

... welcome to life, to the world? Aint too scary is it? I loved this poem, i would have liked more sadly- i finished it and went, dang this is so good, kinda like an ending of a book, where your never satisfied.