She looks back

I look at her,
She looks back.
Hatred in my eyes
When I see her look back.
Brown eyes pierce through mine
Disgust is my first thought.
Perfect is my instinct,
She does not meet it.
Blond, blue eyes,
that's what I want to see.
Perfect smile, perfect weight,
Those are the perfect traits.
Nobody will love you!
You are a horrible creature
She argue, She screams.
Tears come to her eyes,
Sobs escape her lips.
My own reflection is my worst enemy.

ajibike This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very good. I agree with othello's comment. I think there is a typo: I think you meant she argues..And the "internal" dialogue is a bit hard to decipher but I guess that would be easier to tell with italics and such. I like it. Great first poem (feel free to read some of my stuff and critique)

justme101 replied...
Jan. 11, 2010 at 11:36 pm :
Thanks for the feedback!! To Ajibike I see what you mean, I will try to change that (both the typo and the dialogue).
To othello03 I'm not really sure how long it took but I know it took awhile. That's why now I'm putting them up on the forum, its a lot faster and you get lots of feedback.
To XCLover thanks. yea that's what basically I usually do. I have been told that before so its fine. Thanks for commenting though.

othello03 said...
that's really good. i can't honestly think of any way to make it better. it well captures the self-loathing we so often feel. i wrote and submitted a poem called futility that's similar. how long did it take for this to get on the site?

XCLover said...
It's really good already. When I'm writing poetry I just write my thoughts and feelings and just let the words flow, it looks like that's what you did so I can't really tell you how to improve on it, sorry.