Autumn's Remembrance

Things lift,
as cards are thrown into play,
Or drift,
like bad luck with nothing to say.

Things change,
like the color of leaves in the autumn tree;
Or strange,
as this light brightens within me.

As the world keeps turning,
mine paces for reason;
Of why this is happening,
in this beautiful season.

enkrbffs said...
May 30, 2011 at 9:13 am
Aw man! I meant five stars but i put four stars!!!

fashionista568 said...

i really like this, very discriptive. nice ryming sceme. very poetic

NotForSqaures said...
It's beautiful.

LuvMaiTrek This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 8, 2010 at 12:45 am

Wow!!!! I'm so sad it ended. I must have read it eighteen times already, and each time was only more facinating and enjoyable than the last. Not many people can write the way you can. I'm truly grateful that you shared with us.

I want more!! You are such a fabulous writer, my skills pale in comparison to you. Keep up the good work!!!! =)

Starrlyt said...
Pretty, discriptive, and with a subtle hidden meaning, am I right? lol. I sincerely liked it... :) and fall is my fav season as well...

HaHmAh12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
fall is my favorite, favorite season :) good work. sorry it took so long for me to check out your stuff. 

PoetLaureate07 said...
AWWW!!! This is amazingly pretty!!! btw... im gunna have prolly six or seven poems for you to check out when they get published.... you are a wonderful poet!!!

calephchad replied...
Thank you so much! This means alot to me!

CuteCourt101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your are such a great poet .. do not stop writing .. you have talent!!

calephchad replied...
Thank you for all the encouragement. This really means alot to me.

MissFaber said...
i love writing based on a personal experience. I think it makes it so much more powerful....

calephchad replied...
Thanks. I believe so too. It makes the words and their meaning really come alive if the writer has personal experience from it.

emilyj93 said...
This is a beautiful piece of writing, you did a great job of saying so much in very few words. It could be turned into a really great song! I would be interested to see what you think of some of my poetry if you ever have a chance

Emanuella R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it a lot! :) You used imagery simply, but well. Keep writing!!

calephchad replied...
Thank you so much. !

LeilaniLives said...
Quite spectacular actually, this piece captured me right away. Your rhyme scheme and word choice fit perfectly. I loved the idea of cards and almost gambling included, as well as the autumn. Fall is my favorite season. Keep it up!