Red Room | Teen Ink

Red Room

By JesusFreak20 BRONZE, Conyers, Georgia
JesusFreak20 BRONZE, Conyers, Georgia

If i had to choose between loving you and breathing, i would use my last breath to say: "I love you."

You find yourself in a red room, with no doors or windows to escape, you find yourself seeking love for someone, and you feel its too late. I knew how you captured my eyes, I knew it the first time I saw you, my stomach churned with butterflies, my mind thought "baby, i love you." But you never thought I did, never thought I would....never told yourself I will protect you with the warmth of my arms, be someone you thought I should. So now you let go of my hand, still wondering if im right, baby, my hand aches for yours, I ache to hold you through the night. But you will never let me be with you, never let me capture your tears, how could you not think I will protect you after all these unforgotten years? Now I sit here crying, by the phone, no sound at all....I just wish you would let me say one thing, I would, the second you will call. But the phone sits gathering dust, I can feel a tear from your soul...I just wish you would call me, settle this before wer're too old. If you will just punch my number in, move your tender lips to form: "I dont want to be apart." Then I would tell you something I was longing to say: "Remember that red room you find yourself in? Baby, that's my heart..."

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. This poem explains that love glues to you forever, even if you try to get away, try to argue and seprate, that love a couple once had is still hidden somewhere in thier body....wonder where?

JesusFreak20 BRONZE, Conyers, Georgia

Comments welcome!! =]