You Said... | Teen Ink

You Said...

By LasciviousLizzie BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
LasciviousLizzie BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan

"Swirl me around your room with feeling and as we twirl...the glow and the dark stars on your ceiling will shine for us. As love sweeps over the room 'cause we tend to make each other blush." - Owl City.

You said I have a hard time keeping friends. I said I just haven't found the right ones.
You said I was changing and that you didn't like it. I disagree, it's you who's different.
You said that you loved me and always would. I wonder why you lied.
It's funny the way that the world works. I used to think that hard work was always rewarded, it's not, but the lessons learned from failure teach you not to make the same mistake twice.
There is always someone out there who loves you more than the last and always room for friendships to grow, so don't let people get you down, but take the lessons that they give you and keep them close to your heart.
I can honestly say that I'm a stronger person now, because of all of this.

Someone once told me that I didn't have any friends. They also said that I was different and if I changed that we could be together. Eventually though, I realized that they were wrong. I just needed to surround myself with more caring people. I wasn't changing, it was my "friends". This same person lied to me and I did everything to keep them close to my heart, but my hard work was rewarded with failure. Despite all of this, I realized that life goes on and I learned a very important lesson: 'there is always someone out there who loves you more than the last and always room for friendships to grow'.